- The marriage must occur in New Hampshire and the license may be obtained at any New Hampshire Town Clerk's Office.
- Both parties must be present
- License is valid for 90 days
- Need to show proof of age and identity (Driver's License is sufficient)
- If this is not your first marriage, you must present a certified copy of the Divorce Decree, Annulment, Civil Dissolution, or Death Certificate
- Information you need for application includes parents' full names as well as mother's maiden name. You also need to know the state or country of birth for both parents
- NEW: Both parties must decide at time of applying for the marriage license what your legal name will be once the marriage has been officiated
Please Note: The process of fileing your intention to wed and obtaining the license takes about 30-45 minutes to complete, so please plan accordingly. As such, we require that you appear at least 45 minutes prior to the office closing to ensure adequate time to complete the application process.
The fee for the license is $50.00
Once the ceremony is performed, yo umay obtain a certified copy of marriage / civil union. The cost is $15.00. We collect both fees ($65.00) at time of application.
- PAYMENT MUST BE EITHER BY CHECK OR CASH